Our Partnership is working to make the city region a better place.
Placemaking is at the heart of what we do. Integration of a functional, well-connected Green Network will deliver on Scottish Government outcomes and help achieve the Scottish Government’s central purpose of sustainable economic growth.
Within the Main Issues Report for the third National Planning Framework (NPF3) the Green Network is identified as a key part of the Government’s vision for Scotland. In particular, in making Scotland:
A Natural Place to Invest
• Protecting and enhancing ecosystem services (e.g. flood protection)
• Delivering green infrastructure for people and wildlife
• Providing opportunities for sustainable tourism and recreation
• Protecting biodiversity and the environment
A Successful, Sustainable Place
• Linking environmental enhancement with placemaking to deliver better quality places
• Delivering green infrastructure for safer, healthy and climate change resilient built environments
• Delivering functional greenspace where there is vacant and derelict land
• Providing access to quality greenspace for disadvantaged communities
• Providing opportunities for people to gain employment skills and training
This work is ambitious, proactive, and innovative. pdf Download our brochure (3.85 MB) to find out more.